Thursday, February 7, 2008

All I need to know about the men in my life, I learned from the cartoons

OK, it's an exaggeration. But only a little.

My father is a living, breathing version of Homer Simpson. Alright, so he's smarter than Homer. Last time I checked he wouldn't fall for a trap with a pie as bait. But a lot of Homer's personality traits are incredibly similar to his. In fact, last time my husband started telling me about my dad, my first thought was 'What dumbass thing has he done now?'

My husband is all too close to Peter Griffin. The main similarities are immaturity and insensitivity towards others. It honestly does not occur to my husband that if he says something nasty about something I've worked to do, it'll hurt my feelings. I can forgive some of it, but part of growing up is developing a sense of how your actions will affect others. If you can't learn to think of it, you are immature and inconsiderate.

Lucky for me, my brother resembles neither Chris or Stewie Griffin and isn't at all like Bart Simpson. His personality is too normal to be a cartoon character, I guess. Chuck Bartowski in 'Chuck', yeah, but not nearly over-the-top enough for anything but a sitcom.

No comments: