Monday, February 11, 2008

Overthinking

Things have gotten better between Rob and me. I should be happy about this, but I can't help but feel unease at the reason WHY it's better.

Ever since the semester has began, Ron hasn't been home most nights. The one weeknight he is home, we tend to have dinner with my dad. Plus, he's been gone one weekend and I've been working on Saturday on another. In other words, we don't see each other much anymore and I'm happy about it.

This could just mean we both need to have more of a life outside of each other. I know that to make a marriage work we need to have outside interests, but Rob seems to resent any time I spend away from him doing things I enjoy. However, with him being the one gone all the time, I have nothing to complain about. In fact, I like it. I find his presence stressful, which just shouldn't be the case with the man I love.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, which god knows could be the case. I overthink everything. I can't make a decision without researching the options. Maybe I should just accept that we're happier when we don't spend so much time together. I think that with him absent so much, he doesn't have as much of a chance to get on my nerves. Aaargh! I should just go with what makes me happy and not think about the implications.

No comments: