Sunday, February 3, 2008

Drama magnet

I had the most disturbing visit last night. I'd gone to bed early because I'd been up early after a night of poor sleep. I was woken by a pounding on our back door. I was sure it was for the kid across the hall, so I ignored it until it happened again. When I answered the door in my robe, I was a bit surprised to see a strange, drunk woman.

Turns out she's half of the couple that moved in two floors below us. She had met my husband when he was downstairs doing laundry and had come searching for him, even though he had told her he would be out of town this weekend. She introduced herself and I politely chatted with her for a while, attempting to bring the conversation to a quick close. No such luck.

After telling me repeatedly how attractive my husband is and how lucky I am, she mentioned that she and her boyfriend were swingers. They also smoke pot and self-evidently drink. Oh, and she's very racist and is happy to have moved to this area because it's very white. She pushed her way into our apartment, wandered around looking at everything, tumbled drunkenly over the couch and stumbled into our bedroom.

Then, she opened her sweater (she was braless) and pulled down her pants and undies because she was telling me how she was trying to lose weight for her boyfriend. After attempting to kiss me many times, she suggested we go lie down on the bed together. When I refused, she wanted me to smoke a cigarette with her. I don't smoke. After trying to kiss me one more time, she finally went back to her apartment but left the smell of sweaty, smoke-marinated drunk woman behind her.

I'm told I attract pushy people because I look too nice. I guess I'm gonna have to cultivate a bitchy look so I don't have to deal with drama again. I warned my husband when he got home, and now I'm almost scared to go downstairs unless I'm leaving the building. I wanna move!

No comments: