Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Flung myself off

I fell off the wagon in the worst way today. Actually, it wasn't so much falling as deliberately removing myself. Is taking responsibility for my actions better than admitting to loss of self-control?

Anyway, lunch wasn't too bad- caesar salad and a fruit smoothie made with my shiny new hand blender. I nibbled some chips and salsa late in the afternoon. Then, tonight I kept delaying eating because I was going grocery shopping, which was stupid. I always wind up gorging on food that I bought.

Today was no exception, except I limited myself to one savory and one sweet item. I have 3/4 of a thin-crust pizza. The serving size was 1/3 the pizza and was well below 14 grams of fat, not that I was stupid enough to have Alli with my very late dinner. Then, I ate probably six of those horrible cream-filled chocolate cupcakes. Somehow, being full from indulgence doesn't feel as good as it used to. I'm trying to view this as a small aberation in an otherwise encouraging beginning.

No comments: