Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not a busy bee

I hate doing housework. Washing dishes sucks. Dusting I kinda like but it's still tedious and time-consuming. Mopping isn't so bad because of how little linoleum and tile we have. I refuse to vacuum. Something about the sound and vibration of a vacuum cleaner really gets on my nerves and makes me stressed and unhappy. Luckily, Rob will do that particular chore for me.

I think I just need to be kept busy, but it has to be something I enjoy. I can't use chores to fulfill my need for activity. I'm trying to make myself go somewhere outside this apartment at least once a day, whether it's just to the corner store for milk or a longer expedition. Getting a job would be fabulous. I really want the one I interviewed for last week, but since I was the first interviewee, it'll be a while before I hear back.

I need to take a class or something, have a planned activity. So far, though, the ones that interest me are either expensive (stained-glass windows) or held during the day. I don't want to commit money to something that employment could interrupt, or truth be told be part of a group of women seeking the same thing I am- activity.

If it weren't so damn cold out, I could get myself walking. Even my insensitive husband isn't so clueless as to encourage me to spend time outside in below-zero weather.

No comments: