Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not full, but still happy

So no Alli today. I had an appointment at noon, so I figured I'd eat that leftover salad after I got home. For breakfast, I had chips and salsa and didn't even think of taking a pill because I was thinking of it as a snack. Since the chips were low-fat (2 grams of fat a serving, people!) it was a decent meal. I just wanted something with flavor. As it was, I wasn't hungry until it got too late in the afternoon to snack before dinner with my dad. We ate around 5, and I'm still full. The meal, Chipotle tacos, wasn't as horrible as some eating-out foods can be but still wasn't exactly what I'd call healthy.

Right now I'm not hungry. It's been four hours since a meal and I don't want to eat anything. I'm not full either. It's an odd feeling for me. I think I'm getting more successful about divorcing food from emotions. It helps that I had activities today, so I'm not just around the house bored. When I was a freshman, I often forgot to eat dinner because I was so busy with schoolwork. I'd just have some oatmeal and call it good. If there was more for me to do right other than housework, maybe things would go better. Damn I need a job.

No comments: