Tuesday, July 3, 2007

PDA

Anyone who has read this blog might be surprised at how physically affectionate my husband and I are with each other. When we walk around together, we're often either holding hands or have our arms linked. In the car my husband often takes one hand off the wheel (which I wish he would quit doing in heavy traffic) to put it on my hand or knee. We often give each other quick kisses for no particular reason. He also makes a point of kissing me before he leaves for work (whether I'm awake or not) and when he gets home

I know my husband loves me very much. If I didn't know this deep down, I wouldn't still be with him. I think he uses these little bits of PDA to express this since he doesn't have a way with words. I just like showing my affection.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out the best. When I was trying hard to make our marriage work, I would drape an arm around him and kiss his cheek while he was watching TV or give him a quick hug while he was on the computer. He took that to mean that our wedding was A-OK and he didn't have to work anymore. I was just trying to put an effort into things. In some ways our marriage is incredibly good, but I also feel like that doesn't always make up for the bad.

No comments: