Sunday, July 1, 2007

I've got a case of the Mondays

This weekend my husband and I went out of town with my family. It's nice to have a little mini-vacation, even if it is only for a couple of days. I always come back alternately relaxed and stressed, tired but revitalized.

I was very relaxed Saturday, and I realized it's because my husband was off doing things with my brother and wasn't bugging me all the time. I didn't have to worry about him saying something stupid and insulting to me or grabbing me or startling me. I could just unwind. While it's true I was glad to get away from him for a while, we were able to pretty much talk for the entire four-hour drive to get to our destination. Granted, I'm quite a chatterbox and it's possible that about three of the four hours was taken up by my blathering. Still, we manage to have nice conversations.

One of my biggest problems with food stems from my mom. Back when I was still 130 lbs at 5'5", I was convinced I was fat. My mother would poke me in the belly and tell me to do sit-ups, ask if I was sure I should eat that and did I really need it? A hundred more pounds later, I definitely am fat and wish she would just lay off. I can't eat very much around her without her nagging me, so to save myself some stress I just don't eat much. This leads to me having a headache and the shakes because I need to eat more food. Also, when you can't sleep because your stomach is grumbling and rumbling, you probably needed a bedtime snack.

So here I am, glad to have spent time with my family but hungry and tired. I have to deal with husband all the time again instead of pawning him off on my sibling. I can't tell if we just have too much 'together' time or if I've really just had enough.

No comments: