Friday, June 29, 2007

Clear the air

One thing I've been pretty irked by lately is my husband's habit of passing gas while I'm in the room. It isn't a little thing either- he leans to one side and lets it loose with an expression of satisfaction on his face. It wouldn't bother me so much also if it were a once-in-a-while sort of thing. Yeah, it happens multiple times every evening while we're together.

I just wonder a couple things- 1) How can someone be so gassy all the time and 2) How can someone have so little control over it? I've politely asked him to stop farting all the time around me, because nothing kills the libido quite like it. He's been making an effort lately, but a few farts slip past him. We've tried Gas-X, all sorts of stuff like that. Nothing really works, and he refuses to even consider changing his diet.

It'll be interesting to see how long his restraint will last. His pattern is to attempt to fix something then, when I've appeared to forget about it, return to old habits. I really don't think asking him to hold it in around me is too much to ask. Shouldn't I get at least the respect he gives other people? I do try not to get offended when he farts on me in bed. I mean, he can't control it when he's asleep, right?

No comments: