Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ego boost

Ok, I depressed myself with that post. It was honest but still not happy-making. To give myself a some warm fuzzies, I'll list the things I like about myself:

1) I'm intelligent. On most standardized tests I come in at the 99th percentile. Considering how many people there are in the world, that isn't really that select of a group but it's still nice. Obviously I'm not particularly modest about it. However, despite all attempts I cannot get a genius IQ. Boo. I'm not particularly street smart, so my noggin stuffed full of grey stuff is used mostly in academic settings.

2) I think I'm a nice, good person. I try to do the right thing, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I just try to be nice to all people I meet. Some folks make it damn hard to be nice to them, but in that case I just try to be civil. I try, which is more than most people can say.

3) I play by the rules. I try to understand the reasoning behind the rules and if it makes sense I follow them. It's only fair that if there's a line for something and lots of people have been waiting before you got there, that you wait too. Budding in front isn't nice. I mean, I speed, I drank underage, and I once got too much change back and didn't return it. *gasp* I know , I'm a real rebel. That's pretty much all the illegal things I've done.

4) I like to laugh. I can find humor in just about every situation, even if it's just a bitter, black sort of humor. I like to tell and hear jokes. I like to smile and just be cheerful, which can be hard since I'm pretty hardcore cynical sometimes.

5) Finally, I'm a natural blue-eyed blonde, with a great rack. It's funny that even though I'm pretty overweight I still get guys talking to my chest (See? Humor in a possibly aggravating situation!) Plus I get the sick satisfaction of thinking 'Bleach much, ladies?' when I see some scrawny platinum bobble-heads.

Of the things listed above, I think my husband likes the rack first, the laughing second and the intelligence third.

No comments: